JOB TITLE: Mechanical Fitter/Technician
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Fitter/Technician is responsible for all duties associated with the post including fitting and plant operation duties at Nosak Farm Produce Limited.
- Maintenance and repair of mobile & fixed plant and equipment as requested by Line Manager.
- Follow instructions as directed by the Line Manager
- Assist with the safe operation of the work site
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance and fitting duties on a wide range of Plant items as associated with the normal day to day works carried out by Nosak Farm Produce Limited
- Cutting and welding as requested by Line Manager
- Keeping accurate records e.g. maintain log book, record of works carried out, record sheets.
- Liaising and working with outside contract fitting staff and electrical/mechanical contractors employed Nosak Farm Produce LTD
- Complying with delegated responsibilities in the areas of Safety, Health and Welfare and have a proactive approach towards the reduction/elimination of accidents and dangerous occurrences in the workplace
- Working with procurement to procure mechanical parts, supplies and services from a wide range of suppliers to ensure minimum downtime and maximum availability and reliability of plant, equipment and fixed plant systems.
- Procurement of mechanical parts in accordance with Nosak Farm Produce procurement policy as well as Line Manager’s approval
- Carrying out any mechanical repairs and maintenance duties assigned or requested by Line Manager
- Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all mechanical and hydraulic- and diesel-powered equipment
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- OND in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 2-3 years working experience in a manufacturing company.
- The job holder must be a quick learner, have a strong sense of ownership, display a high level of customer-focused orientation, and be able to take responsibility for actions taken.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Team Player
- High level of integrity
- General Tool Usage
- Following safety instructions
All suitable and interested candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com using the vacancy code as the email subject. Application closes by Monday 12th December, 2016.